WE'VE SPENT THE LAST YEAR THINKING...
WHY DO WE KEEP BUYING CHEAP STUFF THAT BREAKS?
- The first problem is... cheap stuff is cheap!
We all like to save money and Isn't it more expensive buying stuff that lasts?
Well... no... not in the long run, it's often not. Part of the job of this site will be to prove this.
- Secondly... FASHION
For some reason we feel the need to change what we wear, what we use and what our homes look like CONSTANTLY. The fashion and home industries depend on us growing bored or ashamed of our old (often perfectly usable stuff) and throwing it away in favour of their shiny new offerings.
So I'm looking for the classic designs that will last the distance. They might not be 'bang on trend' but they won't be embarrassing next week either.
- Thirdly... who has time to research and find these things? Can't we just go to John Lewis?
Well, I don't really have the time either. But I'm going to do it, for you guys, and me and the planet.
We often feel there are no better choices, but there are! A few great manufacturers really do try and build stuff that lasts. And our job here is to find them and bring them all together. That is what BuyMeOnce is all about!
OUR SHORT TERM MISSION IS:
- To make buying things that are built to last easy. They're all here!
- To help people take care of the things they have with our tips and articles.
- To encourage people to buy just a few great things they love rather than huge amounts of clutter.
OUR LONG TERM MISSION IS:
- To provide customers with credit so they can make good choices.
- To challenge manufacturers to build products that don’t break so easily. (We know they can!).
- To become a symbol of longevity. e.g. This is a “BuyMeOnce blender” to help people choose well.
- To change our culture from a throwaway culture to a keep (or pass on) culture.
CAN YOU HELP?
Do you know a great product we should include? Contact us here. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a great tip on how to take care of the things we have? Contact us here. Or email us at email@example.com