Outdoor Research Men’s Uberlayer Hooded Jacket
Outdoor Research make outdoor gear with perfection in mind - they’re a company constantly striving to improve their products’ durability and utility. We love that - and we love that they back their gear up with one of the most comprehensive guarantees around, OR’s “Infinite Guarantee”.
“We believe so strongly in the quality of the apparel and gear we make that if our product fails to meet your needs at any time, we are happy to replace it. Our products are guaranteed forever, and your total satisfaction with our product is our goal.”
The UberLayer's design dumps excess heat when you are on the move, but holds it in during downtime. Polartec® Alpha® Active Insulation is layered between a polyester mesh lining and a highly breathable nylon shell making the UberLayer a back-country chameleon. It provides the warmth of a synthetic puffy one moment and the breathability and quick-dry performance of a fleece the next, all without forcing you to add, remove or adjust your layers.
2016 Gear of the Year – Outside Magazine
"The UberLayer was the most versatile back-country jacket we tested this year…our testers put it on, then kept it on, in temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 60 degrees."
A. Navas, Outside Magazine Buyer’s Guide
- 100% nylon 30D stretch woven shell
- 100% polyester stretch mesh lining
- Polartec® Hi-Pile Alpha Insulation 100% polyester, 98 g/m2
- Wind Resistant
- Double-Separating Center Front Zipper
- Two Zippered Hand Pockets
- Zippered Napoleon Pocket
- Internal Front Stormflap
- Two Internal Shove-It™ Pockets
- Interior glide panels applied to lining at shoulder and arms
- Adjustable Wire-Brimmed Halo Hood Fits Over Helmet
- Low-Profile Inset Lycra Cuffs
- Drawcord Hem
- Outdoor Research Linear Wordmark Logo
- Trim Fit
- Center Back Length: 29 in / 74 cm (L)
- Avg. Weight: 20.5 oz / 581 g (L)
Clicking this button takes you to Backpacking United's website to buy this jacket.